The WMicroTracker provides the capability to measure the locomotor activity of nematodes cultured in multi-well plates. You can get detailed measurements of motion and viability, including path tracking, distance and speed measurements.
This system is also designed for high-throughput screening assays to evaluate the biological effects of potential compounds/drugs, RNAi/morpholino, as well as for mutant phenotyping studies in small animals.
With the WMicroTracker’s 24/7 automated data collection capability, you can:
- Automatically track and quantify worm movement.
- Load your experiment, set your parameters and walk away. Your data will be ready for you at the end of the programmed time.
- Perform live worm assays for several weeks at a time with high reproducibility of data.
Figure 1. Toxicity assay. The dose-response effect of oxidative stress on C. elegans locomotor activity over time can be observed. Worms were exposed to a reactive oxygen species (ROS) generating compound. Each concentration was tested four times, using 30-70 animals per well in a 96-well plate.
Figure 2. Lifespan assay. The decreased lifespan of skn-1 mutants can be observed. Samples were recorded for 1 hour once per day, four times per condition.
Figure 3. Chemotaxis Assay. Worm chemotaxis toward benzaldehyde was automatically recorded. Three concentrations of benzaldehyde were placed on an agar substrate in a multiwell plate, using 30-70 animals per well.
- Aging and healthspan
- Chemotaxis & path tracking on agar
- Drug screening
- Mutant & Toxicity Screening
- Oxidative stress
The WMicroTracker instrument has 2 configurations:
- WMicrotracker ONE, optimized for C. elegans grown in liquid media
- WMicrotracker ARENA, optimized for C. elegans grown in solid media such as agar and with temperature stabilization.
* Introductory special. PO must be received by Dec. 28, 2018.