We offer full phenotypic analysis of your C. elegans or zebrafish transgenic so you can find out quickly whether your transgenic has a measurable phenotype.
Three Steps to get your data:
- We can construct your transgenic with appropriate control, or use your own strain.
- We will confirm the strains through sequencing and other QC methods prior to phenotypic analysis.
- We will assess your strain(s) and controls using your phenotypic assay preference.
Quantitative Analysis delivered to you:
- Transgenic vs. control data for each assay, including statistical significance.
- Comparison of transgenic vs. control overall, combining all assay scores. This single number can be used to quickly benchmark overall gene function.
See the sample report below.
Watch the webinar: Connecting Genes to Behavior (ASCB 2017)
Enjoy this NemaMetrix webinar presented at ASCB 2017 by Chris Hopkins, Ph.D. and Kathryn McCormick, Ph.D.
Sample Report of Transgenic Functional Analysis
|Phenotype(s)||Measurement(s)||Transgenic vs Control|
|Health Span||% survival at 7 days||60%|
|Growth Rate||Time to adulthood||20%|
|Movement||Body bends per minute||70%|
|Fertility||Eggs laid per day||30%|
|Neuromuscular Function||Pump frequency||40%|
|Neuromuscular Function||Pump amplitude||90%|
|Neuromuscular Function||Pump duration||90%|
|Neuromuscular Function||Coefficient of Variation (CV)||10%|
|Defecation||Cycles per minute||10%|
Other potential assays:
- Stress using daf-16::GFP