NemaMetrix, an actively growing company in the biotechnology product and services industry is seeking a Molecular Assay Development Scientist. In this position, you will be developing novel molecular phenotyping techniques to probe the underlying physiology of our transgenic C. elegans models. The key attributes for this role are an ability to creatively problem-solve, apply critical thinking skills and respond to rapidly changing goals
Director of Development, R&D Department
The Molecular Assay Development Scientist will join our R&D team to help us develop genome editing tools, high content phenotyping products and processes, and custom services to advance scientific discovery. This is a collaborative, team-based role with the responsibility to lead the development and utilization of phenotypic screening methods and design genome edited transgenic animals. You will be developing robust, scalable and reproducible molecular based assays for transfer to operations. In addition, you will be using genetic information to design modified C. elegans and Zebrafish that act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery. As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties
The routine responsibilities for this role are:
- Perform hands-on, high-quality lab work with real impact for the world.
- Design genome engineering projects using CRISPR and other transgenic methods.
- Apply innovative thinking to develop a variety of molecular techniques and experiments to probe the underlying physiology of our transgenic C. elegans models – including PCR, qPCR, NGS, Western blot, and ELISA.
- Evaluate genetic literature and databases and incorporate information into R&D projects.
- Work independently to plan, develop and execute experimental procedures with appropriate controls, organizing workflows to make effective use of time.
- Adapt and improve existing molecular protocols, exhibiting attention to detail, to obtain high-throughput, reliable and reproducible results. Ensure techniques developed are transferred to usable SOPs.
- Develop milestones and timelines for each stage of the product development process, and effectively communicate progress with stakeholders and relevant users.
- Lead and or manage a technical team in the development of assays and their transfer to operations.
- Record results accurately and clearly, reviewing documentation by others and maintaining an organized system where data is gathered.
- Analyze and interprets results, communicating results effectively with R&D team members. Incorporate feedback into future experimental plans.
- All other assignments as directed.
- Masters/PhD degree in genetics, molecular biology or a related discipline.
- 2 years experience in a research laboratory setting with experience in leading or mentoring small teams or individuals.
- Experience with PCR, qPCR, NGS, Western blot, ELISA, and genome engineering desired.
- Preference also given to candidates with prior product development experience in an industrial setting.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to design complex studies based on defined deliverables.
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Familiarity with Benchling or similar DNA editing software.
NemaMetrix offers benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, family friendly flex-time, PTO and holiday pay, stock incentive plans, career development and a dog friendly work environment.
When applying please email a resume/CV to email@example.com and include Scientist, Molecular Assay Development in the header.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org