NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast paced, biotechnology company based in Eugene, Oregon. Our mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering affordable and accessible research platforms. We specialize in model‐organism bioengineering and high content phenotypic screening. We use cutting edge CRISPR techniques to develop modified C. elegans and Zebrafish that act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
Join our R&D team to help us develop genome editing tools, products, and services to advance scientific discovery. This is a collaborative, team‐based role with the responsibility to lead the development and utilization of phenotypic screening methods for testing genetic models against known compounds. As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform handson, highquality lab work with real impact for the world.
- Manages, develops, and performs in vivo pharmacological experiments, such as concentration response curves, with our C. elegans models.
- Maintenance and sample management for multiple C. elegans strains.
- Determine appropriate drug doses and delivery for the C. elegans models.
- Analyzes and interprets results.
- Prepare reports for clients and communicates results to teammates in a timely fashion.
- All other assignments as directed.
- Masters degree in biology or a related discipline.
- 2 years experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Experience with highthroughput screening, robotics, and pharmacology is preferred.
- Preference also given to candidates with prior C. elegans experience.
- Attention to detail for multivariate experimental design.
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task, prioritise, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software.
- Health and Dental coverage
- Potential Stock Option incentives
- Parking and public transit assistance
To become part of our team, please advance a CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Scientist, Assay Development and Screening” in the subject line and opening of your cover letter.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to
come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all
of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com