NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast paced, biotechnology company with the mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and Zebrafish to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
Join our team in Salt Lake City, UT to build custom transgenic C. elegans strains for clients around the world. Enjoy the challenge of applying cutting edge genome engineering techniques to create new research tools in a timely manner. The sophisticated nature of the work requires attention to detail and high-functioning knowledge of current genetic techniques. You will use your creativity and problem solving to troubleshoot projects and identify new solutions. The ability to work independently according to schedule is balanced with the need to collaborate extensively with teammates to ensure that we consistently meet or exceed our clients’ expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
The incumbent will be expected to perform:
- Basic C. elegans maintenance
- C. elegans picking
- Visual screening of C. elegans phenotypes
- Microinjection of C. elegans
- Restriction enzyme digestion
- Gel electrophoresis
- DNA isolation
- Oligonucleotide design
- Sequence interpretation
- Preparation of solutions, buffers or similar, as necessary to complete the above activities
- Manage and maintain appropriate record keeping and related documentation of laboratory work
In addition, the incumbent will be required to
- Effectively communicate with colleagues
- Collaborate within a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications and attributes:
- BSc in Biology or related field, or combination of education and experience equivalence
- Minimum 12 months laboratory experience post education
- Solid mathematic and calculation skills
- Ability to apply the scientific method and similar logical skills to problem solving
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time sensitive issues
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
To become part of our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume. Please indicate the position: C.ELEGANS-II in the opening of your cover letter.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work within the United States, as we are unable to provide any type of sponsorship for this position.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com