Knock-in a fluorescent protein at the endogenous locus using CRISPR gene editing technology.
Adding a fluorescent protein tag at the endogenous locus enables you to:
- detect your protein in-vivo at native gene expression levels
- ensure that you have the correct expression pattern
- identify protein-protein interactions utilizing splitGFP
- confirm degradation of your protein when paired with a degron sequence
- visualize protein synthesis rates
- quantify protein levels
You can choose from a variety of proteins including YFP, BFP, eGFP, mCherry, mOrange, mScarlet, and many more. All of our fluorescent proteins are optimized for expression in C. elegans via codon optimization and insertion of introns.
Use our fluorescent protein tags in combination with the Fluorescent Protein RNAi to reduce or eliminate protein expression.
Concerned that the addition of a fluorescent protein will inhibit protein function? We can use a 2A or SL2 sequence to separate the 2 components!
Things to consider when ordering your strain:
- Fluorescent protein best suited for your experiments
- Best terminus to tag
If you are unsure, our genetic engineering experts will be glad to advise you. Contact us.
|Service Package||Price||Est. Delivery Time|
|Full Build||$4,815||8 -12 Weeks|
|Candidate Lines||$3,434||5 - 7 Weeks|
|Custom Injection Mix||$1,495||4 - 5 Weeks|