The Point Mutation service uses CRISPR/Cas9 to introduce a small number of nucleotide changes at a target site. With this service you can:
- study a disease-causing mutation
- humanize a critical amino acid
- explore the binding site of an enzyme
- introduce phosphomimetics
- mutate isoform start sites or make any specific mutation of interest.
See how researchers used this service to create four point mutations in the RNase domain of the rege-1 gene, leading to the discovery of the role of rege-1 in regulating fat metabolism (PMID:27746047 ).
Service Details (price reflects academic pricing)
|Service Package||Price||Est. Delivery Time|
|Full Build||$4,075 - $4,360||6 - 8 Weeks|
|Candidate Lines||$2,554 - $2,839||3 - 4 Weeks|
|Custom Injection Mix||$995 - $1,295||1 - 2 Weeks|
Point Mutation Publications
- Repurposing the aldose reductase inhibitor and diabetic neuropathy drug epalrestat for the congenital disorder of glycosylation PMM2-CDG. Iyer S, Murthy K, Parton Z, Tsang H, Sam FS. bioRxiv. 2019 May 3; 1-29
- Regulation of the sperm-to-oocyte transition in Caenorhabditis briggsae hermaphrodites by the Cbr-met-2 and Cbr-fem-3 genes. Berenson AL, Baird SE. Mol Reprod Dev. 2018 Jun;85(6):532-542.
- NALCN channelopathies: Distinguishing gain-of-function and loss-of-function mutations. Bend, EG; Si, Y; Stevenson, DA; Bayrak-Toydemir, P; Newcomb, TM; Jorgensen, EM; Swoboda, KJ. Neurology. 2016 Sep 13;87(11):1131-9.
- An RNAi-based suppressor screen identifies interactors of the Myt1 ortholog of Caenorhabditis elegans. Allen, AK; Nesmith, JE; Golden, A. G3 (Bethesda). 2014 Oct 8;4(12):2329-43.
- LEM-3 is a midbody-tethered DNA nuclease that resolves chromatin bridges during cytokinesis. HONG, Y; Sonneville, R; Wang, B; Scheidt, V; Meier, B; Woglar, A; Demetriou, S; Labib, K; Jantsch, V; Gartner, A. Nat Commun. 2018 Feb 20;9(1):728.