C. elegans Phenotype Analysis
Full phenotypic analysis of your C. elegans transgenic to allow you to quickly determine if the transgenic leads to a measurable phenotype.
Three Steps to get your data:
- We can construct your transgenic with appropriate control, or use your own strain.
- We will confirm the strains through sequencing and other QC methods prior to phenotypic analysis.
- We will assess your strain(s) and controls using your phenotypic assay preference.
Quantitative Analysis delivered to you:
- Transgenic vs. control data for each assay, including statistical significance and raw data.
- Comparison of transgenic vs. control overall, combining all assay scores. This single number can be used to quickly benchmark overall gene function.
See the sample report below.
Sample Report of Transgenic Functional Analysis
|Phenotype(s)||Measurement(s)||Transgenic vs Control|
|Health Span||% survival at 7 days||60%|
|Growth Rate||Time to adulthood||20%|
|Movement||Body bends per minute||70%|
|Fertility||Eggs laid per day||30%|
|Neuromuscular Function (pharyngeal muscle)||Pump frequency||40%|
|Neuromuscular Function (pharyngeal muscle)||Pump amplitude||90%|
|Neuromuscular Function (pharyngeal muscle)||Pump duration||90%|
|Neuromuscular Function (pharyngeal muscle)||Coefficient of Variation (CV)||10%|
|Defecation||Cycles per minute||10%|
Other potential assays:
- Stress using daf-16::GFP