Worm Lysis Kit
Worm Lysis Kit (Cat. No. PCR101) is designed for rapid, efficient, column-free extraction of PCR-ready DNA from C. elegans. DNA extraction is performed in a single tube without multiple washing steps to reduce potential contamination and sample loss.
Compared to the laborious and time consuming traditional extraction methods (min. 2 hours), our Worm Lysis Kit requires only a 15-minute incubation before the DNA is ready for use directly in your PCR and allows for quality DNA templates to be obtained consistently from single or multiple worm lysis reactions.
The DNA generated with the Worm Lysis Kit is suitable for use in all downstream PCR and qPCR applications without further clean-up steps. It can also be stored at -20°C for future use.
- ● Fast –Single-tube DNA extraction in 15 minutes
- ● Convenient – PCR-ready DNA
- ● Reliable – Maximized PCR speed, yield and specificity
- ● Consistent – Minimize contamination risks and sample loss
- ● Works well with as little as one worm per reaction or several worms
- ● Lysate can be diluted 10x for multiple PCR amplifications
- ● Amplicons of 3kb can be obtained by PCR, when DNA template is obtained from our lysis protocol
- ● Each kit provides enough reagents for 100 lysates.
- ● Components: 5x Worm Lysis Buffer A (1 x 200 µl) and 10x Worm Lysis Buffer B (1 x 100 µl)
- ● Storage upon receipt: <-20℃.
- – USA: $15 flat rate via USPS or use your own shipper account.
- – International: $120 or use your own shipper account.