Do you want to join a fast-growing biotech company and help develop our Zebrafish genome editing technologies?
NemaMetrix, located in Eugene, OR, is specialized in model organism bioengineering and phenotyping. Our mission is to make model organism research accessible in order to advance scientific discovery. Join our R&D team to help us develop genome editing tools, products, and services for biology researchers around the world. This is a collaborative, team-based role with the responsibility to manage client based Zebrafish projects and internal Zebrafish research projects. We are working to accelerate genome editing technologies such as CRISPR and use these tools to build exciting new models for disease and discovery. As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must.
- Manage zebrafish genome editing projects.
- Design zebrafish genome editing projects (CRISPR and Tol2).
- Research and development to advance products and service products.
- Microinjections of zebrafish embryos.
- Design, perform and troubleshoot molecular biology assays such as PCR, Restriction Enzyme digestion, and gel electrophoresis.
- Communicate effectively with teammates.
- Other assignments as directed.
- Masters degree or higher in biology or a related field.
- Strong background in zebrafish genetics.
- Minimum of two years prior zebrafish experience.
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Familiarity with cloud-based applications such as Google Docs, Benchling, and Asana.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/CV.
NemaMetrix’s mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health and explore potential treatments for high-impact disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and cancer by offering a more affordable and accessible platform.
The company develops solutions and commercializes proprietary systems for the genetic modification of simple microscopic living animals to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.