Website NemaMetrix, Inc.
Technical Support Scientist
NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast paced, biotechnology company with the mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and Zebrafish to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
Full-Time (40 hrs/wk), salaried position with benefits
Operations Manager/Site Leader
Join our team in Murray, UT to help build transgenic C. elegans for clients around the world. The sophisticated nature of the work requires attention to detail and high-functioning knowledge of current genetic editing techniques. You will use your creativity and problem solving to troubleshoot projects and identify new solutions. The ability to work independently according to schedule is balanced with the need to collaborate extensively with teammates to ensure that we consistently meet or exceed our clients’ expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
The incumbent will be expected to perform:
- Post-sale customer support via email and phone
- Support the transgenics teams with advanced technical genetics knowledge
- Identify areas for process improvement and determine best path forward for implementation and training
- Remain up to date on current and new genome editing technologies
- Candidate should be able to perform and give instruction on the following techniques
- Restriction enzyme digestion
- Gel electrophoresis
- DNA isolation
- Oligonucleotide design
- Sequence interpretation
- C. elegans transgenesis
In addition, the incumbent will be required to
- Communicate advanced technical knowledge to colleagues
- Effectively communicate with colleagues
- Collaborate within a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications and attributes:
- PhD in related field, or combination of education and experience equivalence
- Minimum 2 years laboratory experience post education
- Familiarity with CRISPR/Cas9
- Solid mathematic and calculation skills
- Ability to apply the scientific method and similar logical skills to problem solving
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time sensitive issues
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
- Demonstrated success in work with C elegans is strongly preferred
To become part of our team, please contact us at email@example.com with your CV/resume. Please indicate the position: TECH-SCI in the opening of your cover letter.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org