NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast-paced, a biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and D. rerio (Zebrafish) to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon with a satellite office in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Role: Senior Contracts Administrator
Location: Eugene, OR
Are you excited to build your career within a dynamic growing company where you’ll utilize your legal and contract experience? NemaMetrix is currently searching for a Sr. Contract Administrator to support our Strategic Growth group in all areas of legal compliance, contracts, and administration within the organization.
Overview: The Senior Contract Administrator is responsible for managing contracting operations. This includes all contracting processes and systems, training, as well as drafting and executing confidentiality, collaborative and service agreements for all departments within NemaMetrix.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Perform initial legal review and drafting of various contracts to support internal clients’ needs, including master, confidentiality, consulting, sponsored research, vendor, intellectual property and other services-related agreements, using corporate templates as appropriate under the circumstances. All contracts must effectively balance NemaMetrix’s best interests with applicable compliance requirements.
- Negotiate and resolve legal issues raised by the other parties to agreements.
- Facilitate the negotiation of the best contract terms possible for NemaMetrix, taking into consideration risk exposure and risk tolerance by the requesting department, with guidance or direction from external legal counsel.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external clients to set appropriate priorities and deliver results within the timelines established.
- Independently investigate assigned legal questions; escalate issues to external legal counsel as appropriate.
- Maintain and update, as necessary, contracts in legal filing systems and trackers.
- Provide support in maintaining corporate contract templates, including periodic reviews and basic modifications.
- Communicate and negotiate with external and internal parties, creating relationships built on trust.
- Keep internal employees and other stakeholders properly and timely informed of the progress and status of contracts in the process of being negotiated.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Conduct work with the highest degree of integrity, responsibility, and excellence in client service.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a variety of different personalities.
- Participate proactively in process improvements or other projects that enhance and streamline contract processes, systems, tools and other resources.
- Attend department and group meetings to stay current on department and group projects, goals and issues.
- Regularly apply contract formation knowledge to independently address a variety of contract issues.
- Provide thorough information to contract requestors regarding final negotiated terms deviating from standard NemaMetrix contract template terms and associated difference in risk exposure.
What You Bring to the Table:
The Senior Contract Administrator is accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of NemaMetrix activities as they perform the duties associated with this position. Work is performed under general supervision and guidance, with more detailed instructions on new assignments. In addition, you are organized, enthusiastic, adaptable and able to maintain positive relationships both internally and externally to NemaMetrix.
- Bachelor’s degree required; paralegal certification or Juris Doctor degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in contract negotiation and drafting; or a combination of comparable experience/education will be considered
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop close working relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and/or G Suite
- Demonstrated ability to maintain problem-solving approach in collaboration with internal and external contacts
- Strong organizational skills; able to organize and follow through with projects; ability to efficiently handle large volume of contracts
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience preferred
- Diagnostics regulatory experience a plus
Perks of Working with Us:
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, NemaMetrix offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/AD&D insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events
- Dog friendly work environment in our Eugene, OR office
Our Commitment to You:
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our content and across all our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all the fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org