Connect genotypes to phenotypes. Decode human health. Be part of a team developing new tools used to improve human conditions such as aging, Alzheimer’s disease, cardiac arrhythmia and cancer. NemaMetrix, an actively growing biotech startup, is seeking multiple software developers to join the engineering team in Eugene, Oregon. We tend to use a lot of open source software and we strive to adhere to open standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering or related field
- Two or more years experience developing biotechnology software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced scientific environment and learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in three or more of the desired skills listed below
- Develop products to acquire, aggregate and analyze phenotype data from model organisms
- Work closely with Neurobiologists, Biologists, Geneticists and Business personnel on a daily basis
- Understand bioinformatic and ontology standards
- Define requirements
- Write software specifications
- Write test plans
- Code, Integrate and Test software
Desired skills and experience:
- Frontend web development
- Backend cloud development
- Database design and architecture
- AI and machine learning
- Machine or computer vision
- Image processing
- C and C++
- Unit testing
- CRISPR genome engineering
- Genomic analysis tools
- Phenomic analysis tools
- Scientific Model Organisms such as Zebrafish or C. elegans
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NemaMetrix’s mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health and explore potential treatments for high-impact disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and cancer by offering a more affordable and accessible platform.
The company develops solutions and commercializes proprietary systems for the genetic modification of simple microscopic living animals to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is committed to workplace diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.