NemaMetrix, an actively growing company in the biotechnology product and services industry, is seeking an Operations Lab Manager for the Eugene, OR location. In this position, you will be developing and leading a team of technicians to perform phenotyping assays. This role will play an influential part within our business operations and will engage in a broad array of activities touching every aspect of our dynamic company. The key attributes for this role are a “go-getter” attitude, a willingness to grow, learn and adapt combined with a record of success in leading small teams.
The VP of Operations
The Operations Lab Manager implements the goals and objectives of the laboratory specific to the Operations Department aligned to client expectations and strategic endeavors . The incumbent will oversee all functions of the laboratory operations department including scheduling, daily/weekly prioritization, data collection, reprocessing, training, development of and adherence to SOPs, maintenance requests, and related.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Operations Lab Manager will be a critical member of the Operations team, responsible for developing, implementing and managing our phenotyping assay throughput capabilities.
- Systematically cultivates and maintains long-term, collaborative relationship with key stakeholders and with selected organizations to achieve mutual goals
- Day to day management of laboratory operations
- Ability to perform and train employees on all day to day laboratory functions
- Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports strategic initiatives through strategic and operational planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure and support services are in place
- Implements annual strategic objectives including revenue and budget targets
- Ensures compliance, reviews, identifies, investigates, and resolves Quality Improvement Reports, internal audit findings, and external audit findings. Makes SOP changes as needed
- Assists with the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans
- Assists with the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned
departmental work plans
- Assists with the development and management of the annual operating and capital
- 4 years laboratory management/supervisor experience, possesses a Bachelor’s degree in related area
- A detailed, professional, and results-oriented attitude with strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
- Proven direct management experience of small teams and cross-functional projects
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
NemaMetrix offers benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, family friendly flex-time, PTO and holiday pay, stock incentive plans, career development and a dog friendly work environment.
When applying please email a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Operations Lab Manager in the header.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com