NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and D. rerio (Zebrafish) to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon with a satellite office located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Role: Molecular Biology Scientist
Location: Eugene, OR
Working as part of our Zebrafish Gene Editing team, this role is designed to deliver de novo genome edited animals. Using established methods, this hands-on role is responsible for the translation and implementation of daily and/or weekly workforce plans and meeting project milestones. Additionally, this role will be expected to identify areas of improvement, apply creative problem solving to overcome project roadblocks, and serve as a knowledge expert for advanced gene editing methodologies.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Designing and generating constructs for CRISPR mediated insertion of disease relevant genetic mutations, transgenic reporters and protein tags into model organisms, primarily Zebrafish.
- Applying standard and advanced molecular biology techniques for detecting precise edits in vivo (insertion & integration).
- Screening and propagation of de novo genome edited animals.
- Identifying and troubleshooting innovative technologies to validate design and capture integration events.
- Working independently and within a team to meet commercial project schedules, to optimize timelines and increase workflow of the engineering pipeline.
- Providing execution and adherence to SOPs as well as detailed project tracking and documentation.
- Managing reagent, equipment and maintenance requests and other related activities.
What You Bring to the Table:
NemaMetrix is looking for individuals that possess a positive can-do attitude, are motivated by doing a job well, are adaptable and flexible, have a continuous improvement mindset and will thrive in a fast-paced collaborative and diverse environment. In addition, successful candidates will have the following:
- Advanced degree in molecular biology, bioengineering or similar life sciences field and 0-4 years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree in similar fields with 4-7 years relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with CRISPR genome editing methodologies, ideally in zebrafish.
- Demonstrated success with site directed mutagenesis and homology driven repair.
- Proficient in standard molecular and biochemical analysis in model systems.
- Ability to design and build plasmids and transgenic constructs.
- In-vitro transcription and RNA purification.
- DNA and RNA Sequence Analysis.
- Zebrafish Husbandry and Genotyping experience.
- Able to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work with team to endure goals & complete milestones on time.
- Previous experience with microinjection.
- Familiarity with the tol2 transposon system.
- Molecular Phenotyping using qPCR analysis.
- Experience with Western Blotting, specifically in Zebrafish.
- Ability to design and interpret High Resolution Melting (HRM) analyses.
- Functional knowledge of advanced homology based cloning methods such as Gibson Assembly, Golden Gate or Infusion.
Perks of Working with Us:
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, NemaMetrix offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/AD&D insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events – including Summer BBQs, community service and holiday related events.
- Dog friendly work environment in our Eugene, OR office
Our Commitment to You:
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our content and across all our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all the fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com