Join our R&D team to help us develop genome editing tools, products, and services to advance scientific discovery. This is a collaborative, team-based role with the responsibility to perform Molecular Biology tasks for R&D projects in C. elegans and Zebrafish transgenics research. We are working to advance genome editing technologies such as CRISPR and use these tools to build exciting new models for disease and discovery. As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Perform molecular biology assays including PCR, qPCR, and gel electrophoresis.
- Design PCR screens for identifying CRISPR genome edited animals.
- Troubleshoot molecular biology assays.
- Document laboratory progress.
- Communicate effectively with teammates.
- Preparation of laboratory solutions and other supplies.
- All other assignments as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related discipline.
- 2 years experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Laboratory skills such as pipetting, weighing, and sterile technique.
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, work autonomously and manage time effectively
- Familiarity with cloud-based applications such as Google Docs, Benchling, and Asana.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/CV.
NemaMetrix’s mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health and explore potential treatments for high-impact disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and cancer by offering a more affordable and accessible platform.
The company develops solutions and commercializes proprietary systems for the genetic modification of simple microscopic living animals to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.