Laboratory Support Associate
NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast-paced, biotechnology company with the mission to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and Zebrafish to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
Join our team in Salt Lake City, UT to help build custom transgenic C. elegans and Zebrafish for clients around the world. The sophisticated nature of the work requires initiative and attention to detail. You will work collaboratively with the team to ensure that we can consistently deliver quality results to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Pour agar plates
- Prepare media
- Preparation of solutions, buffers or similar, as necessary to complete the above activities
- Manage and maintain appropriate record keeping and related documentation of laboratory work
- Cleaning laboratory supplies and glassware
- C. elegans maintenance
In addition, the incumbent will be required to
- Effectively communicate with colleagues
- Collaborate within a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications and attributes:
- High school diploma, or combination of education and experience equivalence
- Minimum 12 months industry experience post education
- Solid mathematics and calculation skills
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time-sensitive issues
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
Experience in a lab is preferred, but not required. We are looking for a motivated individual that is willing to grow their skills, expand their knowledge and help us excel at science in the process. Bring your can-do attitude and we will provide the training.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work within the United States, as we are unable to provide any type of sponsorship for this position
To become part of our team, please contact us at email@example.com with your CV/resume. Please indicate the position: LABSUPP in the opening of your cover letter.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org