NemaMetrix, an actively growing company in the biotechnology product and services industry, is seeking a Genetics Laboratory Technician II. In this position, you will be involved with research and development of innovative genomic methodologies to help push the company forward. The key attributes for this role are an ability to creatively problem-solve, apply critical thinking skills and respond to rapidly changing goals.
Join our team in Salt Lake City, UT to build custom transgenic C. elegans strains for clients around the world. Enjoy the challenge of applying cutting edge genome engineering techniques to create new research tools in a timely manner. The sophisticated nature of the work requires attention to detail and high-functioning knowledge of current genetic techniques. You will use your creativity and problem solving to troubleshoot projects and identify new solutions. The ability to work independently according to schedule is balanced with the need to collaborate extensively with teammates to ensure that we consistently meet or exceed our clients’ expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The routine responsibilities for this role are:
- Basic C. elegans maintenance
- C. elegans picking
- Visual screening of C. elegans phenotypes
- Microinjection of C. elegans
- Restriction enzyme digestion
- Gel electrophoresis
- DNA isolation
- Oligonucleotide design
- Sequence interpretation
- Preparation of solutions, buffers or similar, as necessary to complete the above activities
- Manage and maintain appropriate record keeping and related documentation of laboratory work
In addition, the incumbent will be required to
- Effectively communicate with colleagues
- Collaborate within a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications and attributes:
- BSc in Biology or related field, or combination of education and experience equivalence
- Minimum 12 months laboratory experience post education
- Solid mathematic and calculation skills
- Ability to apply the scientific method and similar logical skills to problem solving
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time sensitive issues
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
NemaMetrix offers benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, family friendly flex-time, PTO and holiday pay, stock incentive plans, career development and a dog friendly work environment.
When applying please email a resume/CV to email@example.com and include Genetics Laboratory Technician II in the header.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer.
NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org