NemaMetrix Inc. is a biotechnology company with offices in Eugene, OR and Salt Lake City, UT and 35 employees. Our mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health and explore potential treatments for high-impact disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and cancer by offering a more affordable and accessible platform.
The company has developed and commercialized a first of its kind proprietary platform for the genetic humanization of simple microscopic living animals to act as models for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations. Simply put – we sell transgenic C. elegans, bioassays for C. elegans, and instruments for C. elegans. We sell these to academic customers, pharmaceutical companies, and (increasingly) to clinical researchers for personalized therapeutic development.
NemaMetrix is looking for a Director of Product Development to join our growing team. We’re experiencing fast and dramatic growth and are in need of someone who can help us manage and scale our research, product development, and technology/platform integration functions.
This is a critical role, with the expectation that you will build a team that can execute on a product development and technology integration strategies that you have developed. This position is ideally suited to a creative manager who is passionate about working in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be rewarded with the opportunity to take full ownership over scaling the product development function for our company. This role will report to the CEO.
The Role Comprises Three Major Functions:
1. Team Leadership: Your ability to attract, develop, organize and lead a world class Product Development Division is paramount.
- Foster and lead a high performing and innovative Product Development team.
- Analyze current structure and processes. Develop and implement a leading-edge organization to create a “product development engine” that supports long term vision and goals
- Foster a culture of innovation able to identify emerging technologies, trends and resources that represent opportunities for the organization’s growth.
- Attract, develop and retain a high performance technical staff.
- Coach, motivate and foster professional development of direct reports.
2. Product Development Leadership: Champion new product directions and translate innovative ideas into successful product and services.
- Work across functions (R&D, Operations, Sales & Marketing and external partners to support revenue growth. Use voice of customer research to develop long-term product roadmap according to business strategy.
- Responsible for establishing the corporate Product Development strategy and objectives to meet the market driven requirements of NemaMetrix customers. A strategy that will integrate products developed from multiple sources (organically developed, acquired technologies, in-licensed technologies, and OEM technologies).
- Perform due diligence for potential collaborations, OEM deals, and acquisitions, and will present to NemaMetrix’s board of directors.
- Leadership of the three R&D divisions (Engineering, Trangenics, Phenomics) comprised of hardware engineers, software engineers, genetic scientist, data scientist, C. elegans scientists, Zebrafish scientists, and technicians. 12 employees currently.
- Maintain and prioritize the product roadmap.
- Develop systems to enable NemaMetrix to continue to scale its R&D operations, in anticipation of continued growth and platform expansion.
3. Growth Builder: NemaMetrix is a rapidly growing company that has doubled in size every 14mo. We are seeking a leader that can actively chart a course for this growth as a team player alongside other executives from Sales/Marketing, Operations, and Business functions.
- Foster close cooperative relationships with all function in the Company. Work with Marketing and Senior Sales Staff to develop new product plans and strategies; with manufacturing and operations to ensure new products are of high quality and are readily manufactured; with business to grow into new markets.
- Look into the future to uncover opportunities and streamline processes to enable future growth
- Manage our growth into the clinic research market
- Be part of the team that builds a high-performing company – valuing honesty, transparency, risk-taking and efficiency.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in R&D or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of progressive management responsibility or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years experience with bringing platform technologies to market.
- B.S. in engineering, bioengineering, biology, chemistry or an equivalent technical field.
- M.S. or PhD. is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge with a model organism is highly desirable
- Proven success in leadership roles encompassing innovation, strategy, planning, and product commercialization.Forward thinking, insightful leader with an entrepreneurial vision of the future and a focus on delivering best in class results.
- Excellent communication skills with the capability of articulating the organization’s strategic vision into sound innovation and R&D business plans and processes.
- Ability to manage and deal with ambiguity and changes in direction, both inherent to the innovation process.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous stock options and incentive package
- Health insurance
- Commute budget negotiable
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
NemaMetrix’s mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health and explore potential treatments for high-impact disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and cancer by offering a more affordable and accessible platform.
The company develops solutions and commercializes proprietary systems for the genetic modification of simple microscopic living animals to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is committed to workplace diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.