This is a six-month paid position with possibility for conversion to permanent employment upon completion of initial six months.
Nemametrix is a fast-paced, Biotech company, focused on helping our clients and customers accelerate discovery in the genomics-to-application space. We supply systems and consumables for C. elegans research, as well as provide custom transgenic C. elegans and ZebraFish.
You will be reporting to the Transgenics Supervisor working among a team, to deliver custom transgenics to our clients, in a timely manner, using established procedures. The sophisticated nature of the work requires attention to detail and high-functioning knowledge of current genetic techniques. The ability to work independently according to schedule is balanced with the need to collaborate extensively with colleagues to ensure that we consistently meet or exceed our clients’ expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The incumbent will be expected to perform:
- Basic C. elegans maintenance
- C. elegans picking
- Visual screening of C. elegans phenotypes
- Microinjection of C. elegans
- Restriction enzyme digestion
- Gel electrophoresis
- DNA isolation
- Oligonucleotide design
- Sequence interpretation
- Preparation of solutions, buffers or similar, as necessary to complete the above activities
- Manage and maintain appropriate record keeping and related documentation of laboratory work
In addition, the incumbent will be required to:
- Effectively communicate with colleagues
- Collaborate within a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications and attributes:
- BSc in Biology or related field, or combination of education and experience equivalence
- Minimum 12 months laboratory experience post education
- Solid mathematic and calculation skills
- Ability to apply the scientific method and similar logical skills to problem solving
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time sensitive issues
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
NemaMetrix’s mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health and explore potential treatments for high-impact disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and cancer by offering a more affordable and accessible platform.
The company develops solutions and commercializes proprietary systems for the genetic modification of simple microscopic living animals to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.