NemaMetrix, Inc. seeks an experienced Applications Scientist to join our R&D team. In this position, you will perform experiments creating new technical data to demonstrate the capability of our technologies by developing application notes, white papers, and protocols for our existing products. In addition, working with marketing, sales and business development team, the Application Scientist is responsible for generating scientific content to support marketing of new products.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
– Generate compelling figures, videos, and technical content summarizing benefits and applications of our product lines.
– Conduct experiments and develop protocols highlighting novel techniques and applications for NemaMetrix products, and generate application notes and white papers based on these experiments.
– Provide technical product expertise to the sales and marketing team for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, and giving in depth technical presentations and training.
– Provide customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after instrument/product has been delivered to customer.
This position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
– Three or more years of experience generating data in support of commercial products, including web content in the form of figures, graphs, and verbiage.
– Familiarity with software suites for video editing, creating image layouts & and proven experience condensing data into compelling figures.
– Experience with microscopy, image processing, and biological sample handling is required.
– Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as troubleshooting techniques, and experience of analytical equipment. – Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
– Proven ability to interact with cross – functional and cross – cultural teams
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
NemaMetrix Inc. is a biotechnology company with offices in Eugene, OR and Salt Lake City, UT and 35 employees. Our mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health and explore potential treatments for high-impact disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and cancer by offering a more affordable and accessible platform.
NemaMetrix has developed and commercialized a platform for the genetic humanization and phenotypic screening of simple microscopic organisms. These animals act as models for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the genetic roots of disease. Simply put – we sell transgenic C. elegans, bioassays for C. elegans, and instruments for C. elegans. We sell these to academic customers, pharmaceutical companies, and (increasingly) to clinical researchers for personalized therapeutic development.
NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At NemaMetrix, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing amazing breakthrough scientific products to our customers around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. NemaMetrix’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.