Animal testing in the research-based pharmaceutical industry has been reduced in recent years both for ethical and cost reasons. However, it is still a staple when it comes to discovering new compounds directed at improving human health.
For our clients, a major goal is to test new compounds and formulations to understand whether and how they modulate behavioral and molecular changes.
We work with our clients to define and choose the most appropriate tests to assess the effects of their compounds. Our goal is to provide fundamental insights into the effects and mechanisms of action of their compounds in a way that can be relevant to humans.
Questions we try to answer:
We provide four classes of tests using C. elegans to test your compounds :
- Genetic and Biochemical – Do your compounds affect DNA repair or mitochondrial health?
- Behavioral – Do your compounds affect neuromuscular activity?
- Morphological – Do your compounds affect tissue organization?
- Reproduction – Do your compounds have the potential to affect reproduction?
We test your compounds’ efficiency and mode of action through a holistic approach within weeks.
- First, feasibility assessment phase. We make sure that we work under optimal conditions to ensure that the results that you get are clear. We design this approach with your input.
- Second, explore the effects of your compounds at a molecular, behavioral and morphological level.
Rest assured, we help you select the most valuable package of assays to uncover the mode of action and efficiency of your compounds.
- Package 1: Basic feasibility assessment (compound delivery, toxicity, chemotaxis to compounds)
- Package 2: Advanced feasibility assessment (measuring compound intake)
- Mitochondrial health: measure the level of key elements of the respiratory chain.
- Maintenance of neuromuscular health through activity, fine movement and other sensitive measurements.
- Ability to respond to stress: oxidative stress response and thermotolerance.
- Identify genes affected by your compounds: confirm and measure the level of gene expression before and after treatment at various stages of aging.
Understand your goal
We’ll set up a 30-minute call with you to understand your needs. During this call, we will define the scope of your project, answer your practical questions and help you assess whether our service is a good fit for you.
Create a personalized catalog
After we decided on the scope of the project, we’ll create a proposal that includes a time and cost estimate for each experiments that we propose. You will be able to personalize your project plan with us.
Finalize your project design
We’ll send you a final statement of work and payment schedule. Once we receive your first PO, we will start the experiments and give you an overview of the timeline of your project.
Maintain clarity and transparency
We’ll keep you updated every two weeks on the status of your project. At the end of your project, we provide you with a comprehensive report that includes findings and key takeaways.
Ready to Get Started?
Ready to connect with us to learn more about working with us on compound testing?