The CherryTemp System is a cooling and heating platform that allows you to:
- Perform temperature shift experiments with C. elegans (embryos, larvae or adult worms) with unprecedented speed and precision.
- Control your favorite molecular processes in real-time and observe dynamic events linked to temperature in live C. elegans.
- Ultrafast: 10 seconds temperature shifts
- Wide temperature range: heat and cool down your samples between 5 to 45°C
- High Precision: at 0.1°C
- A plug & play platform compatible with any microscope
How change in temperature can produce new phenotypes? See Fig. 4 in Massively parallel C.elegans tracking provides multi-dimensional fingerprints for phenotypic discovery. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 2018 Feb 13.
C. elegans temperature-sensitive mutant temperature shift
Video: zyg-12 embryo shifted to 24°C at anaphase onset (red: DNA, green: alpha-tubulin). Courtesy of Anne Pacquelet (“Membrane traffic and Polarity in C. elegans”, Grégoire Michaux’s lab, IGDR)
C. elegans cytokinesis arrest using the CherryTemp™ System
Video: mCherry-tag C. elegans thermosensitive embryo mutants (CYK-4 ts) examined under the microscope with a CherryTemp™ platform.
Disclaimer: We are the exclusive distributor for the CherryTemp System in North America. We can only sell to US or Canada customers. If you are outside North America, please contact Cherry BioTech directly.